American Childhood Cancer Organization
ACCO is committed to following the donor bill of rights, the widely-accepted national standard of fundraising ethics and principles created and adopted by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, and the American Association of Fundraising Counsel.
"Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes that they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use the donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing the organization will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists than an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
The American Childhood Cancer Organization is a 501(c)(3) public charity, whose programs
and services are funded entirely by private donations, foundation grants, and corporate contributions.
IRS Tax ID 52-1071826 All donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.